My mom left me with a jar of Nutella and then I thought that simply spreading it onto a slice of bread and then eating it right away would be a mainstream thing for me to do.
While classes were going on, the gears in my head were turning and churning — not because of the lectures, but — because I was thinking of another way to consume my jar of Nutella. I even thought of a Strawberry + Nutella combination but after two hours of driving through the streets of Dumaguete City and checking out fruit stalls, grocery stores and supermarkets, all hope of such a combination was gone.
And then blah, blah, blah. I will skip to the recipe now.
Ingredients (for one serving):
- Spread one teaspoon of Nutella on the face of each slice of bread. Top one slice with banana slices and place the second slice of bread on top.
- Preheat the frying pan at a low to medium heat (You don’t want your butter to burn now, do you?).
- Melt half of the half bar of butter (that makes it a quarter of a bar of butter) onto the frying pan.
- Place the sandwich into the pan and fry until golden.
- With only one side of the sandwich fried, use a spatula to set the sandwich aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Put the sandwich back onto the pan to fry the other side of the sandwich until the side is golden.
There you go! Try it yourself! And if you do, give me a heads up and tag me (@jeamarieperez) on Instagram. I’d love to see you’d fare!